Executive Liaison - Continuing Legal Education
Ohio State Bar Association | Columbus, Ohio
Executive Liaison CLE is seeking a motivated and organized administrative professional to join our fun, fast-paced team! This position will support the Director of Continuing Legal Education in the planning and execution of high quality continuing legal education programming.
Who we are: We are a fun, hardworking group of around 60 employees from diverse backgrounds. We are passionate about our members (Ohio attorneys, judges, paralegals and legal administrators) and the justice system. We use our talents to help our members serve their clients. On any given day, you might find us advocating at the Statehouse for justice and the rule of law, producing high quality continuing legal education programs or leading a lunchtime meditation session for 160 like-minded members. And that was just today!
Our Match: We are looking for a motivated and organized professional to join our hardworking, diverse team. This integral position supports the Director of Continuing Legal Education, her staff and our professional volunteers as they create interesting and educational programming. Our ideal candidate is a “people person” who communicates clearly and professionally and is adaptable and responsive. This position is fast paced and will be most enjoyed by an energetic sort who enjoys the fast lane!
What your days would look like: Your days will be filled with helping lawyers to enhance their knowledge and skills, while meeting mandatory CLE requirements.
While those duties can vary, your days generally will include:
- Assisting CLE Director in planning and execution of in-person and online CLE presentations
- Providing administrative support to the CLE staff and professional volunteers
- Support CLE initiatives, programs and communications that promote attorney CLE compliance
- Communicating with volunteers and other external stakeholders
- Collaborating with CLE Director to advance OSBA strategic initiatives
- Working to finalize CLE courses and ensure participant credit
Who you are:
- You’re experienced!
- You have a high school degree with at least 5 years of work experience.
- At least 5 years of administrative experience preferred.
- Experience working with volunteers desirable, but not required
- You’re office/tech savvy!
- Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, document scanning equipment/Adobe Acrobat, internet searching/browser experience – you know it!
What we bring to the table: We’re very proud of our benefits and we think you’ll love working here. Here’s a snapshot of just some of the benefits enjoyed by our team!
- Competitive Pay – compensation studies conducted every three years to keep us competitive with what other employers offer.
- 401k – employer match up to 4% PLUS a 3% profit sharing contribution.
- Great Health Benefits – self-funded health plan.
- Costs have stayed steady for 5 years.
- Annual HSA contribution.
- Employee Wellness Program
- Paid FMLA for up to 12 weeks.
- Dress for your day – yes, this means jeans.
- Generous PTO (28 days!).
- Paid Holidays (9 plus 2 floating).
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Professional Development.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage a diverse environment. The OSBA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or physical or mental disability.
To Apply: Please send resume along with salary requirements to: Desiree Blankenship, Ohio State Bar Association, 1700 Lake Shore Drive, PO Box 16562, Columbus. No third parties or phone calls please. Interested candidates should submit a resume to Desiree Blankenship at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Occasional remote work, but due to the nature of this position, in-office work is mostly required.