Chief Policy Officer
Ohio Association of County Boards of DD | Worthington, Ohio
The Ohio Association of County Boards of DD is seeking applications for the position of Chief Policy Officer. This is a full-time, salaried position (overtime exempt). It is anticipated that the majority of work will be completed Mon-Fri during normal business hours; however, evening and/or weekend hours may be required on an infrequent basis.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in business, public administration, education, special education, psychology, sociology, or closely related field. Candidates with a Master’s degree or law degree are preferred.
- At minimum, five years of professional experience in the field of developmental disabilities or similar public sector human services-related fields (i.e., mental health, aging, etc.)
- Must be able to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with staff leaders at Ohio’s 88 county boards of DD, association staff, trustees, and other DD system stakeholders.
- Must be able to maintain high levels of discretion and handle confidential and sensitive information, which may at times include HIPAA-protected information.
- Work experience should involve exercising leadership skills, analytical skills, and judgment along with responsibility for developing public policy positions and advocacy platforms.
- Must be able to travel frequently within the state of Ohio and occasionally to meetings outside Ohio (typically infrequent, 1-2 times per year).
- Supervisory experience strongly preferred.
Typical Job Duties:
- Serves as a policy and subject matter expert on topics of critical importance for association staff and members, particularly in the areas of Medicaid Home and Community Based Services waivers, Service and Support Administration (case management), ICFs, and related subjects.
- Directly engages in executive advocacy with senior leaders and regulatory officials at the Ohio Department of DD on all issues related to and impacting county boards of DD.
- Provides technical assistance to stakeholders and members on a daily basis responding to questions about Ohio statute and rules impacting the DD system.
- Reviews and analyzes administrative rules to determine impact on county boards and DD services, developing substantive comments for public testimony on rules and legislation as proposed.
- Represents the association and supports OACB members in policy workgroups as needed, reporting the activities and status of such meetings to the CEO, board of trustees, and county boards of DD (with the support of the OACB communications team).
- Analyzes a broad array of proposed legislation, including the state biennial budget, to determine impact on county boards and DD services.
- Provides legal advice and support to members on an as needed basis in consultation with legal counsel.
- Participates in OACB staff leadership team discussions and directly supervises two staff positions (Service and Support Advisor and Director of Health, Safety and Wellness).
- Plans and conducts training for county boards of DD and staff on a variety of topics as requested.
- Plans content for association training and professional development events, including but not limited to: Annual Convention, Spring Conference, SSA Forums, Bi-annual Budget Symposium and annual OACB Board Member In-Service Training.
Interested applicants should email a letter of interest and résumé to email@example.com on or before August 31, 2022 at 5pm.