Senior Manager, Membership
Snow & Ice Management Association | Columbus, Ohio-Remote
The Snow & Ice Management Association (SIMA) is seeking a self-driven Sr. Manager of Membership to be responsible for leading the development, implementation, and evaluation of membership growth strategies, as well as day-to-day management of SIMA member engagement. This position reports to the CEO location and is flexible up to fully remote. Serving as the liaison for members across the U.S. and Canada to build a strong membership culture within the association; works closely with strategy team and CEO to achieve the goal of SIMA membership while delivering and ensuring the highest level of service to our members.
- Leads the association’s overall efforts to recruit, retain, and engage membership by creating a data-driven member engagement, retention, and recruitment strategy and implementation plan.
- Identify opportunities and collaborate with colleagues to enhance member benefits and services offered by the Association.
- Work with both staff and members to review customer feedback related to SIMA membership, programs, and services.
- Serve as the staff liaison/facilitator of SIMA member-based peer groups.
- Oversight of all membership data, tracking and reporting, including but not limited to:
- Assist in maintaining accurate membership records,
- Provide recruitment and retention reports,
- Current, new and prospective member information, and
- Member experience throughout join and renewal process
- Initiate and manage strategic partnerships with other auxiliary-related associations and groups to help recruitment and retention of membership; including, but not limited to, attendance at these types of conferences to represent the association.
- Works with the CEO to set annual membership goals. Provides monthly insight into membership revenue and tracking to annual goals.
- Potential travel 5-6 times per year for Membership related activities.
- Demonstrated experience in growing membership/customers and strengthening membership/customer retention.
- Proven experience in managing a team with quantitative and qualitative goals in sales & customer service-related fields.
- Positive attitude and personality that connects people together and builds a sense of community and commitment to high level of customer service.
- Tech-savvy and adept at learning new software systems, applications, and tools without getting overwhelmed or frustrated.
- Effective public speaking skills and ability to present information confidently.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft applications and/or Google Drive applications.
- Integrated database experience (Customer Relationship Management Systems, Association Management Systems, etc.).
- Zoom or other webinar software experience.
Compensation: Base 65-85K plus potential bonus opportunities. This position will include a competitive benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision) with HSA and a 401(k) retirement package.
If you are interested in applying to become the newest member of the SIMA team, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Careers@sima.org by Sept. 30, 2002.