Senior Accountant II
The American Ceramic Society | Remote / Hybrid available
The American Ceramic Society is seeking a full-time senior staff accountant. The position is fully remote with a hybrid option available. The position requires flexibility, teamwork, ability to juggle multiple priorities, and attention to detail with accuracy under time constraints. Must be a quick learner, highly organized, and able to work with little to no supervision. Must have a working knowledge of general ledger accounts, bank reconciliations, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, GAAP, and financial statements (including balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement, and statement of functional expenses). Must have experience with annual external financial audit.
- Complete and manage general accounting processes, including ensuring the integrity of the general ledger and financial reporting
- Ensure that all general ledger accounts are reconciled to subsidiary records and systems monthly
- Manage timely and accurate completion of month-end and year-end closing activities
- Review, approve and post applicable journal entries
- Review monthly financial statements for accuracy, including balance sheet, income statements, budget variance analysis, statement of cash flows, division, and other ad hoc reports
- Prepare and process all payroll and benefit journal entries
- Participate in annual external financial audit
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
- Excellent computer skills required including Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Sage Intacct, Nimble Association Management System, and Not-For-Profit accounting is preferred
Founded in 1898, The American Ceramic Society, located in Westerville, Ohio, is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization with more than 11,000 members consisting of scientists, engineers, researchers, manufacturers, plant personnel, educators, students, marketing, and sales professionals from more than 70 countries—with 40% of members based outside of the United States. Our mission is to foster the study, understanding, development, and application of ceramics, glasses, and related materials for the benefit of our members, industry, and the global society.
The American Ceramic Society offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package, including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance plans, and 403(b) deferred savings/retirement plan.
The salary range for this position is $60,000 to $75,000 annually.
The American Ceramic Society is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Submit resume by Jan. 19, 2023, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.