International Society of Explosives Engineers | Warrensville Heights, OH
The International Society of Explosives Engineers is seeking a Bookkeeper/Office Manager. This position is responsible for maintaining accounting records and performing bookkeeping functions for the International Society of Explosives Engineers (ISEE), the Society of Explosives Engineers Education Fund, and overseeing ISEE’s physical office.
Bookkeeper Specific Duties:
- Prepare monthly financial documents including balance sheet, monthly actual to budget, cash flow, profit and loss, aged receivables, and other financial reports to help manage the organization
- Handle accounts receivable and accounts payable for each organization. Maintains aged receivables and enforces collection procedures. Processes member payments upon acceptance.
- Ensure that all items are invoiced and paid on time Accurately codes income and expenses for all Society activities according to the chart of accounts and consistent with accrual accounting procedures and the annual budget
- Prepare annual departmental summary of revenues and expenses incurred by each department to aid in budgeting for the new fiscal year
- Works with auditors and tax firms by providing information requested for preparation of the audits and 990 tax filings
- Work with the SEE Foundation Committee to prepare the SEE Scholarship Program including received of scholarship applications, communication of applicants to the Committee, processing awards, and communicating with all applicants as to the results of their application and ensuring scholarship checks are written and send to applicable schools prior to August 15th of each year
- Collect all money and maintain records of contributions to the SEE Foundation
- Manage all dues billings, including dues billing procedures
- Prepare all check and mails all payments, makes all deposits to proper accounts, and reviews cash balance for all entities
- Post all accounting records using accounting software (currently Quick Books Online).
- Maintains and updates check signature cards annually for each organization, consistent with signing authority
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease
Office Manager Specific Duties:
- Serve as the point person for office manager duties including maintenance, mailing, supplies, equipment, bills, errands, shopping
- Maintain the physical condition of the office through the negotiating and managing of contractor contracts including landscaping, snow removal, trash pick-up, office cleaning, security systems, and utilities including phone, electric, gas, and internet
- Ensure adequate supplies are ordered and on hand at the office. This includes, printer paper, toner cartridges, office supplies, and more
- Open and deliver mail. Prepare and process outgoing mail and ensure it is picked up
- Perform other duties as requested by the Executive Director and assist with answering phones, emails, and walk-in guests as needed
- Schedule meetings, appointments, and travel schedule for Executive Director
- Organize the office layout and order stationery and equipment
- Maintain the office condition and arrange necessary repairs
- Minimum of four (4) years bookkeeping experience preferred. Previous experience in bookkeeping required
- Proficiency with Quick Books Desktop and Online, Excel, web-based cloud tools required
- Basic knowledge of GAAP required. Familiarity with non-profit GAAP preferred
- Experience with monthly closing of accounting tasks required
- Experience working with supporting schedules (fixed assets, prepaid expenses, etc.)
- Experience using computers and various software packages i.e., Microsoft Office
- Detail oriented, good organizational skills
This position requires travel to our Annual Conference, February 1-9, 2023, in San Antonio, TX. While this is mainly an office-type position, person is expected to be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
This can be a hybrid position with three days in the office and two days remote after 30 days of employment. Benefits include:
- Starting salary of up to $65,000 based on knowledge, education, and experience
- 401k with 4% match and immediate vesting
- Insurance options include health, vision, and dental for employees
- Nine (9) holidays observed
Please submit a resume by Jan. 31, 2023, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.