CreativeOhio | Columbus, OH
CreativeOhio (CO) seeks an executive director who will serve as a collaborative chief administrator and coalition builder. This leader will be an exceptional listener, organizer, educator, advocate and connector. They will be motivated by the opportunity to learn and appreciate the perspective of all CO members, allies, and creative sector stakeholders and to build these constituencies’ understanding, alignment and active support of CO’s strategic plan, CreativeOhio: A Blueprint for 2030.
The executive director will:
Have demonstrated experience in consensus-building, negotiating, advocating and leading coalitions. They will be energized by the opportunity to engage multiple constituencies across Ohio in advancing the state’s creative sector, including building key relationships with elected officials, policymakers and donors who can inform and accelerate our progress.
Understand the mechanics and process of public policy making and coalition building and will work to strengthen the collegiality and partnerships among CO, the Ohio Arts Council, the regional arts councils, and all organizations with a stake ensuring a vital creative sector.
Evidence skill and experience in adaptive leadership and change management and demonstrate empathy, compassion, and commitment to CO’s ongoing work on issues of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI).
Serve as the chief administrator, connector and spokesperson for Creative Ohio and is responsible to the board of directors for the overall operations and day-to-day management of CreativeOhio’s 501(c)(4) and 501(c)(3) corporations.
Responsibilities: (For a detailed description of job duties and responsibilities, please select this link.)
Organizational Strategy and Development
- Board strategy and support
- Resource development
- Resource development
- Programs and events
- Lobbying and advocacy
Public Relations and Advocacy
- Outreach and engagement
- Communication and messaging
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in fundraising, non-profit governance or management, coalition building, public relations, budget and fiscal management, community service, political and grassroots advocacy and administration
- Preference for candidates with knowledge and understanding of Ohio’s political system and creative sector
- Passion for CreativeOhio’s mission, vision and values
Basic experience with Google Suite, Salesforce, WordPress and email platforms
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary for the position is budgeted at $90,000 to $100,000 commensurate with experience, and benefits include health insurance reimbursement; paid vacation, personal leave and holidays; expense reimbursement for professional development and vehicle mileage.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. All submissions must be made by Sept. 1, 2023.