ACUHO-I Foundation Director of Development
Association of College & University Housing Officers-International | Columbus, OH
The Association of College & University Housing Officers-International (ACUHO-I) is seeking a development director for the ACUHO-I Foundation.
The director of development will promote a culture of philanthropy and implement a recently completed development plan to increase philanthropic support to the ACUHO-I Foundation. They will lead the implementation of a diversified fundraising program that obtains philanthropic support for scholarships and professional development opportunities for current and future collegiate housing professionals, and funding for research projects about student housing.
The director of development will be a strategic and dynamic fundraising leader who has a deep understanding of fundraising principles, methods, and tactics. They will be comfortable working collaboratively with diverse groups of staff and volunteers to cultivate and steward relationships that will result in increased philanthropic support for the organization. The ideal candidate will bring an understanding of the work of college and university residential life and student affairs and will be passionate about advancing the sector.
This position will be located at our Columbus, Ohio headquarters, which is just east of the Ohio State University’s main campus, with the opportunity for a hybrid or fully virtual work arrangement.
- Strategy, Planning, and Management
- Corporate and Foundation Giving
- Annual Fund
- Major and Planned Gifts
- Donor Relations and Management
- Development Office Operations
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge and understanding of fundraising and development strategies and tactics, including but not limited to:
- Corporate and foundation giving and sponsorship
- Annual giving (direct mail, online, broad-based)
- Major giving
- Planned giving
- Fundraising operations (including fundraising data systems)
- Portfolio management and prospect research
- Knowledge of office systems (including Microsoft Office products)
- Knowledge and understanding of volunteer engagement and management
- Baccalaureate degree or equivalent knowledge/experience
- Three or more years of development experience, ideally with a proven track record in corporate fundraising and securing five- and six-figure gifts
- Experience working with nonprofit boards and volunteers
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel 15-20%
ACUHO-I Foundation is pleased to offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits for this position. The target salary range for the position is $73,100-$97,500, commensurate with experience. ACUHO-I is affiliated with The Ohio State University and enjoys a partnership where staff are employees of the university. This allows staff to receive an exceptional benefit package that includes health, dental, vision, and retirement benefits as well as tuition remission to The Ohio State University. To view the full position profile, please select this link.
All applications are considered highly confidential. To be considered for this position, please send a resume and formal cover letter in PDF to the Benefactor Group Recruitment Team at HR@benefactorgroup.com. Please submit all materials by 5:00 p.m. ET on September 5, 2023.