Business Development Sales Manager
Hilton Columbus at Easton | Columbus, OH
The Hilton Columbus at Easton is seeking a business development sales manager. The ideal candidate for this position will maximize the hotel’s revenue and profitability by developing the corporate market segment for group and transient business (market segment assignment may vary by position). It requires active participation in the hotel’s management team. This person must possess previous hotel sales or sales coordinator experience.
- Develop new business for all markets for both transient and group business through proactive solicitation (phone calls, outside calls, blitzes, hotel inspections, trade shows, mailing/marketing and creative account penetration strategies). New business is considered any group business that has not actualized in the last 18 months and has not been worked by a current sales manager. (Hotel to provide prospecting software and this tool will be used daily to research market and target new business)
- Build relationships with all front desk staff at all four Olshan properties to generate leads.
- Develop quarterly action plans and implement them.
- Maintain and expand existing user accounts through effective servicing, up-selling, and appropriate communication and follow up.
- Participate in weekly departmental, sales and staff meetings.
- Meet monthly and yearly goals.
- Maintain current information on all marketing programs in which the Hilton participates.
- Maintain current information on area market trends, competitor rates and clientele, new business in the area, etc.
- Participate in sales and marketing sessions. Assist Director of Sales in the yearly budget process and action plans.
- Support and attend hotel receptions and client events. Assist with their planning.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Business development: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Willingness to travel: 25 percent (Preferred)
- Work Location: In-person
- Full-time position
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Bonus pay
- Ability to commute/relocate: Columbus, OH 43219: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
In order to apply for this position, qualified candidates should send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The application deadline is Sept 29, 2023.