Director of Marketing & Communications
Ohio Association of School Business Officials | Westerville, OH
If you are a tech-savvy marketing and communications professional with a passion for creativity and innovation, the Ohio Association of School Business Officials (OASBO) invites you to apply for our director of marketing and communications position.
Under the direction of the deputy executive director, the director of marketing and communications works collaboratively with leadership and staff to develop and implement comprehensive, integrated marketing and communications plans to broaden the impact of OASBO’s programs, accurately represent the organization to its target audiences, and manage organizational messaging through print and digital mediums. This position involves both strategic planning and hands-on daily execution of multiple marketing tasks.
- Marketing Communications - Develop and implement a marketing plan to support OASBO’s annual strategic goals, including calendar, target audiences, measurement of activities and effectiveness, and other marketing communication needs.
- Marketing Publications – plan, source content, edit, and write for the SBO Quarterly print magazine, OASBO eNews, Advocacy eNews, and other electronic publications, lead the editorial advisory process for publication content, and other marketing publication needs.
- Branding – foster brand awareness and manage OASBO’s brand identity across all mediums.
- Digital Communications – Lead and maintain association’s website, mobile app, and marketing automation tools, facilitate OASBO podcasts, manage all communications for event registrations and other program webinars, manage social media channels.
- Annual Conference – work with team to lead and manage marketing and communication plans and marketing materials (for example signage, notebook) for the conference, create all general session on-screen media, coordinate all script and stage direction and other duties as assigned for the conference.
- Community Management - serve as the community manager for OASBO’s online community, implementing a community plan and monitoring, moderate posts, manage and implement automation rules to maximize the value of the technology.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- BA/BS degree or higher in marketing, communications, English or similar field of study.
- At least 7 years of communications experience in an association setting preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to contribute to all team initiatives.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in an evolving environment both individually and within a team while consistently meeting deadlines.
- Responsive to needs of members, staff, and leadership, maintaining a service-oriented mindset, demonstrating high levels of professionalism, good judgment, diplomacy, and courtesy.
- Experience working with MemberSuite or other AMS software, Kentico or other website content management systems, Informz or other marketing automation software, and Trello or other project management systems.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud products.
- Proven ability to utilize social media both to support general organizational messaging and engage audiences through specific communications campaigns.
- Graphic design/layout skills helpful.
- Video editing skills helpful.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule – some overnight travel required, and some evening events required.
In addition to an attractive and competitive salary, OASBO offers exceptional benefits for employees, including health, vision, dental, life insurance, retirement plan and paid time off.
OASBO is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Qualified candidates should email resume, letter of interest, and three work references with email address and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 5:00 p.m. ET on Oct. 2, 2023. No phone calls, please.