Administration & Membership Assistant
Ohio Association of School Business Officials | Westerville, OH
The Ohio Association of School Business Officials (OASBO) is seeking a highly-motivated, customer-service-minded, friendly, and highly organized individual to fill the position of administration & membership assistant. This role requires sound computer and database skills, and the ability to multi-task.
Under the direction of the executive director, the administration & membership assistant position provides clerical and administrative support to staff and members with a focus on providing excellent member service, data entry and maintenance, office administration, scheduling, and communication in support of the association’s mission and strategic goals.
- Assist with member support, including but not limited to: answer and route phone calls, greet office visitors, assist with annual membership drive, assist members with general website and account questions, and other member needs.
- Assist with membership database, including but not limited to: member access, user profiles, regular data cleanup.
- Assist with events, including but not limited to: provide registration support & updates, create name badges and sign-in sheets, maintain attendance records for education credit in the learning management system, pull post-event surveys, and any other event support as required.
- Perform administrative functions, including but not limited to: receive and distribute general correspondence, handle incoming mail, receipt of certain checks, maintain schedule and notes for meetings, pull reports or searches as requested by other departments, coordinate office equipment repairs, order office supplies, and keep office areas clean
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- College degree preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects while consistently meeting deadlines.
- Maintain a service-oriented mindset, demonstrate high levels of professionalism, good judgment, diplomacy, courtesy, and be responsive to requests.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, internet and database technologies, and data entry/management
- Ability to quickly and efficiently learn and use a variety of technology tools (association management software, learning management software, Adobe suite, Zoom, Trello, audio-visual equipment, etc.).
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff and executive leadership to contribute to all team initiatives.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule – some overnight travel required, and some evening events required.
- Must have the ability to work remote when required.
OASBO is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Qualified candidates should email resume, letter of interest, and three work references with email address and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is 5:00 p.m. ET on Oct. 2, 2023. No phone calls, please.